Deadline to sign up for Health Insurance Exchange extended to Dec. 23. Visit HealthCare.gov.
Your Health Idaho premium assistance estimator tool.
- Idaho residents can now enter a health insurance exchange marketplace through Your Health Idaho.
- Your Health Idaho is the only place where Idaho residents can receive premium assistance (tax credit) to lower the cost of monthly premiums or to access cost-sharing options that may help pay for health plans.
- If you have Medicare or Medicaid coverage, or you are on an employer’s health plan (and that employer will continue to offer that coverage in 2014), you’re already covered.
- Make sure you ask your employer what they plan to offer and what will be covered. You may want to check out the offerings on the new health insurance exchange.
- All new health plans will now cover a minimum set of services or essential health benefits that include doctor visits, prescription coverage, emergency care and other services.* (See news article about changes to this requirement here).
- You will not be denied coverage based on pre-existing conditions.
- Open enrollment for 2014 is now open and runs through March 31, 2014.
- For coverage to begin January 1, 2014, you must enroll in a plan by December 23, 2013.
- Not everyone will save money by signing up through the insurance exchange. Pricing and premium assistance will depend on household income, zip code, family size and your choice of coverage.
10 Essential Health Benefits
Every insurance plan on the Health Insurance Marketplace has to cover what are called “Essential Health Benefits”. Though each plan has to cover these items, the degree to which they are covered will depend on whatever specific plan is selected. The benefits are:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency Services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental Health and substance use disorder services including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventative and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services including oral and vision care.
Learn more about Your Health Idaho
- Visit www.yourhealthidaho.org for complete information about the Idaho Health Insurance Exchange
- Call the Customer Resource Center toll free at (855)-YH-Idaho (855) 944-3246 or (800) 318-9596
Información en Español:
- Visit www.yourhealthidaho/what-you-need-to-know/en-español/ or call (855) 944-3246 or (800) 318-9596
Here’s a short video from the Kaiser Family Foundation (versions in English and Spanish):
Not an Idaho resident?
Find out how your state is participating in the Health Insurance Marketplace. Visit www.healthcare.gov/marketplace or call toll free (800) 318-2596.